Link for participating in ABC Wednesdays
Airtel is the undoubtedly the worst you can get. They deduct money from your account for no reason. when you call up the help line they give lame reasons like you have subscribed to jobs, love,cricket and hundred other things they have in their list.They are expensive compared to the others. They send you a mail thank you for subscribing to E-bill when you have no freaking clue when you did that. And suddenly stop sending the hard copy of the bill. Their Website says “Sorry! your request cannot be processed now. Please try later” for any transaction that you try. The contact us tab on the site does not have a e-mail address to write to.
And the icing on the cake is their help line is not toll free so every time you hear “please wait while our executives are busy on other calls”– you are paying for their time on the other calls… Now that is well… in colloquial terms “chindi“. A call center number that you have to pay for!!!
Good going Airtel – How the hell are you still surviving in the market with this standard of customer service???
I am getting on the ABC Bandwagon too. Hoping to complete the challenge. The Challenge already started with A on Jan 18. So I will start with B the coming Wednesday. Just for the sake of completion writing a post on A( I don’t like it when I miss the start, be a movie or a challenge…). So let’s see My Alpha post starting with A would be on the quote by the great Indian saint Swami Vivekanand – “Arise, Awake and stop not till the goal is reached”. It was meant to be an inspiration for the youth and truly it is. The message inspires us to have a goal. Something that inspires us and something that one is passionate about. Arise – Get up and start doing something about it. Awake – Evaluate where you stand, and where you need to go next. Stop not till your goal is reached – Be determined and focus on what you want to achieve till you achieve it.
As an aside, once one of our college profs passed a sheet of paper in the class and asked all of us to write this line and sign in front of it. Only after the sheet got filled he told us that he felt that we were not doing enough for our campus placements. He wanted us to take it more seriously and hence gave us a wake up call with the message. I thought it was cool. Nice way to remind people to stay focussed.
For all who want to be part of this too. The link is here
If the last one was I thought ‘Rules are meant to be broken’ In this case it is rules that are made to be broken…
Just read this article about Fitting In. It is worth a read.
“So often in our lives we put ourselves in uncomfortable positions because we think we have to. We go to law school or become accountants because our parents told us it would be good for us, not because we wanted to. We choose one job over another because it pays better, not because we are good fits. We offer a view of ourselves to the outside world based on what we think they want from us, not based on who we really are. We do the things that we hope will gain us acceptance all in search of that comfort, that feeling like we belong. But, ironically, all that twisting and turning actually makes us more uncomfortable.”
You get up in the morning to the warm winter Sun and suddenly the earth beneath your feet has shifted, well, in this case literally . The astronomers from the Minnesota Planetarium Society found that because of the moon’s gravitational pull on Earth, the alignment of the stars was pushed by about a month. I had read about it some time back but had read it as an ancient science which believed in a different zodiac system. The one that comprises another 13th sign where the Sun spends only 19 days. Ancient Babylonians had 13 constellations, but wanted only 12, so they threw out Ophiuchus, the snake holder.
The change in the zodiac sign seems to have the rocked the world. Most people seem to take the news with a pinch of salt. Some find consolation by that argument that this applies only to people after 2009/2010. I have had friends who could forget your name but not your Sun sign. For most people not reading the daily horoscope is not an option. My roomie’s FB status says “Proud to be an Aquarian…..!!!! i will live and die as an aqua ….!”
Most people find it difficult to associate themselves with the new sign. Mostly comparing themselves to a person in the new Sun sign whom they hate and say “I am not that, am I!!!” Well, if it is any consolation at least they can compare themselves with somebody, I am going to be in the new Sun sign Ophiuchus. No references at all plus no body seems to know how to pronounce it. So while others are going to be referred to as the Saggi, the Virgo(they are the safest ones no much change there with the new system), the Cancerian, I will be the “she who must not be named” And the sign seems to be represented by a serpent. I feel like a person who has been unfairly put in the Slytherin house.
According to the Minnesota Planetarium Society, here is where the real signs of the Zodiac should fall. Ready for your world to change forever???
Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17.
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.
Anyway reading my new characters make me feel better. Am I ready to shed my Saggi attitude, don’t know yet but my new life doesn’t look bad either.
The constellation Ophiuchus represents a man wrestling a serpent, dividing the snake’s body in two parts. It is the only sign of the zodiac linked to real men, sharing traits with Imhotep, a 27th century BCE Egyptian doctor, and biblical Joseph. Like Imhotep, Ophiuchus is considered a healer of men and a doctor of medicine or science. He seeks higher education and enlightenment. He is expected to achieve a high position in life. Like Joseph, he is an interpreter of dreams and vivid premonitions. He is envied by his peers and favored by his father and authority figures.
The dominant characters traits are:
* Many people are envious of the Ophiuchan as he/she progresses well throughout life.
* A seeker of wisdom and knowledge
* A flamboyant dressing sense, favouring bright colours.
* Authority looks upon him/her well
* Would make a great architect or builder
* Number 12 is the lucky number.
* Will have a big family but will leave home at an early age
Don’t know how things will go. All that I know is this is one occurrence that the planets had not predicted at all
This is again one of my long due posts. I was tagged on Harshad’s blog for the If-Then-Tag somewhere in the end of November last year. A lethargic me took this long to take up the tag. Not sure if I am complying with the format but here is the list from all that I could remember :
- If I were a colour then I would be Red and Black – For some reason it is one of my all time favorites
- If I were a drink(apart from water) I would be Salt Lime soda – it is totally refreshing
- If I were a season then I would be spring – Marks the end of dry cold winter and brings back the sun
- If I were a Mobile set then I would be Sony Ericsson W series – I adore thee
- If I were a Fruit then I would be – it has to be the king of fruits – Mango
- If I were a Tree then I would be Bougainvillea tree – I grew up in the shades of these trees
- If I were an animal then I would be a Lion – Nothing beats the King of the Jungle. I just love the majesty
- If I were a Time of the Day then I would be Morning – I am very much of a morning person
- If I were a sport then I would be Tennis – Just like that
- If I were a planet then I would be Earth with all the life forms
- If I were a Month then I would be December – For one I was born in this month and two it is a month of holidays, celebrations and reminiscence
- If I were a Day of the week then I would be Love to be the TGIF Fridays
- If I were an Element then I would be Fire – I am a Saggi remember!!!
- If I were a Stone then I would be a Coral or Pearl (love both of them)
- If I were a musical instrument then I would be the Guitar – For giving out the liveliest of the music
- If I were an emotion then I would be Laughter – The Best medicine
- If I were a sound then I would be the sound of cool breeze blowing
- If I were a Name then I would be Ukume – it means sound of rain on river
- If I were a Food then I would be… Hmm this one is tough to decide…Lets see.. ok it is my Mom’s Roti and Dal with Methi and Red chilli chutney in ghee
- If I were a scent then I would be the scent of earth after the first rain drops
- If I were a Bird then I would be sparrow – They are simply cute and adorable
Phew! That was pretty long. Hope u enjoy reading it. My turn to tag.
Patty, Pallavi, Mayur, Amirtha…. And all the people who love to let your imagination run wild
Of late I haven’t been too active on writing posts so I thought I will take up the post a week challenge from WordPress. Hoping to keep up in the coming days. So here is the first post to tell people I am a part of the challenge