This is my second post for the Blogathon challenge. And the topic is Introspection about how the year 2013 went by.
Here’s my 2013 review
Things I am thankful for:
- New Job, new city. I was great moving here. With my Mom to help, it was a breeze.
- Having a job that I enjoy.
- Having loads of friends and relatives here. So it was like coming home. Hardly felt like a new city.
- Reconnecting with old friends.
- A lovely friend and an amazing flatmate.
- My teammates at the workplace
- Being able to run a Marathon even if it just 10k.
- New friends I have made and the new people I have known after coming here.
- All the small and big celebrations throughout the year. And all the new things I bought. Feels like new life.
- My brother having gotten out of an accident. He had a fracture but it was still better than what could have been.
- Knowing that my folks, family and friends will be with me no matter what!
- Doing a few things I had planned for some time now but finally executed this year.
- Good health for the family and my dear ones.
God has been good to me this year but then you can always find something to crib about too . Here is a list of things I felt could have been better or different
- Live in a house that didn’t need fixing every alternate day
- Have some govt work which is pending from Oct this year. I am a tax-paying, law-abiding citizen of this country and I have all the valid documents that you could think of yet the authorities are stuck on one seal coz my permanent address is out-of-state. Hope they realise it is just out-of-state address and stop behaving like I am an illegal immigrant!
- Get out of the house more and wish I didn’t need to cancel on a couple of trips I had planned.
 – My brother was hit by a motor bike being ridden by a minor who didn’t even have license nor the patience to check for oncoming vehicles before barging in on a road in the city at the speeds meant only for highways or probably not even highways. I wish parents realise it is NOT a good idea to let their underage boys ride the bikes at home. The reason the damage was contained is because my brother was wearing a helmet. Helmet can save lives. Hope people realise this and start wearing helmets for their own safety and not just for the traffic police. In spite of a case being filed and culprit known yet to see some action. Hope to see some change there in the new year.
That was my 2013. Hope you guys had a great year and the coming year turns out better than your expectation! Happy 2014 again