I was done with my morning dose of the Internet and was getting up to prepare breakfast when I saw this comment by GVji on my earlier poha recipe. That reminded me I haven’t been trying out the different poha recipes for a while and started on this. A great breakfast option for the summer.
- Poha/Beaten rice/Avalakki/ಅವಲಕ್ಕಿ – 2 cups (take the medium or thick variety)
- Beaten Curd – 2 cups
- Ginger – finely chopped – 1/4 tsp
- Jeera – for tempering
- Green chilli – 1 large
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – for tempering
- Asafoetida/Hing – for tempering
- Coriander leaves/Cilantro – finely chopped
- Onion – finely chopped
- Curry leaves – finely chopped
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – for tempering
- Ground nuts – roasted and peeled
- Beat the curd, add salt,sugar and keep it aside.
- Soak the poha and drain it immediately. Using a sieve works out best for this.
- Temper with oil, mustard seeds, jeera, hing, curry leaves, green chilli, ginger.
- Add the poha, tempering mixture and curd. To this add onions, groundnut and coriander and serve.
Note: Mix the poha and curd only when you are ready to serve else it absorbs all the curd and becomes dry.