Chain snatching is a common phenomenon in India. Indians are obsessed with gold and what better way to make some quick money than snatch the gold chains from unsuspecting ladies walking down the street.
Not only do these thieves snatch the chains but also harm the women. To avoid getting into such situations most women these days resort to artificial jewellery.
Recently when Me and my roomie were trading our chain snatching stories, we came across one where the guy snatched a chain went off on his bike. Very quickly he found out the chain was not real gold so he came back, threw the chain on the girl’s face and slapped her hard :O Talk about misplaced sense of entitlement.
Talking about misplaced sense of entitlement, the one that takes the cake is MCPs who believe to rape is a man’s right . Check out the recent statement by Mulayam Singh Yadav on Shakti Mills rape case.
God save our country from such #idioticLeaders. Hopefully God is listening. In the meanwhile we can do our bit by voting responsibly in this elections.
Such leaders have snatched more than just gold chains during the last 60 years. Now time has come to act. Please Vote and vote responsibly!
Hirekai/ಹೀರೇಕಾಯಿ/Ridge gourd is supposed to contain loads of nutrients. Just like the vegetable, the skin/peel also has its benefits but we throw it away. Not any more. Here is a nice way to utilize that.
Ridge gourd peel
- Hirekai/Ridge gourd peel – I have taken peels from three medium-sized gourds
- Garlic – 2-3 pods(optional)
- Onions – 1/2 small(optional)
- Dry/desiccated coconut powder – a little
- White sesame seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Jeera – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Green Chilli – 1 & 1/2
- Curry leaves
- Oil – 1 tbsp – for frying
- Jaggery/sugar – optional
- Lemon – 1/2 big
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add the ridge gourd peel, onion, garlic, curry leaves and coriander and sauté for 7-8 minutes on a medium flame.
- Towards the end, add all the other ingredients except salt and lemon and take it off the heat.
- Once the mixture cools down, grind it to a coarse paste along with salt, water and lemon.
- You can add tempering to the chutney to give it more taste. I haven’t in this case.
- Also you can add roasted groundnut powder instead of coconut powder. That works beautifully too.
Tasted best with roti of any kind 🙂